There are a number of birdwatching sites in rainforest areas of Sorong regency. One of them is located in Klatomok village of Klasow valley. It is the habitat a lot of tropical birds including:
|Wompoo Fruit Dove|
- King Bird of Paradise (Cicinnurus regius)
- Magnificent Riflebird (Ptilinoris magnificus)
- Common Paradise Kingfisher (Tanysiptera galatea)
- Red-breasted Paradise Kingfisher (Tanysiptera nympha)
- Yellow-billed Kingfisher (Syma torotoro)
- Blyth's Hornbill (Rhyticeros plicatus)
- Yellow-faced Myna (Mino dumontii)
- Golden Myna (Mino anais)
- Oriental Dollarbird (Eurystomus orientalis)
- Palm Cockatoo (Probosciger aterrimus)
- Sulphur-crested Cockatoo (Cacatua galerita)
- Shining Flycatcher
- Wompoo Fruit Dove (Ptilinopus magnificus)
- Orange-bellied Fruit Dove (Ptilinopus iozonus)
- Western-crowned Pigeon (Goura cristata)
- Pinon Imperial Pigeon (Ducula pinon)
- Boyer's Cuckooshrike (Coracina boyeri)
- and etc.
Klatomok village is located in the east of Sorong city of Papua Barat province in the Republic of Indonesia.
There are homestays in the village which visitors can choose to stay for a few days for birdwatching and wildlife watching. Visitors can also join local villagers in extracting sago starch or do night walk for hunting wild boar, deer, and wallaby. Usually visitors stay for 3 to 4 days in the village. Food materials such as noodle, rice, canned fish, frozen chicken, and eggs.
To reach the village, visitors need to go by a 4WD-car from Sorong city for around 2 hours. The village is on the roadside so the pick-up car will stop in front of the villagers' houses.
|A visitor in Klatomok village of Sorong regency|
Sorong city is the main gate for visitors who plan to enjoy snorkeling or scuba diving in Raja Ampat. The birdwatching and wildlife watching trip in Klatomok village could be carried out prior to visitors' trip to Raja Ampat.
|Klatomok Village in Sorong regency of Indonesia|
To enhance the birdwatching and wildlife watching experience, visitors can bring binoculars, and if possible a spotting scope.
It is easy to travel to Sorong city. Visitors need to fly from their own country to Jakarta, Denpasar or Manado. These are cities in Indonesia. The flights to Sorong city are available every day and are served by such airlines as Garuda, Lion Air, Batik Air, Sriwijaya.
To book your birding trip in Klatomok village of Sorong regency, please, contact Nico Nauw by whatsapp to his number: +62 821 9806 0084
Post a Comment