Birding Tour in Tambrauw Forest
|New Guinea Vulturine Parrot|
Things to Bring for Birding Tour in Tambrauw Mountains
- All birdwatchers know that they need a good pair of binoculars. I recommend Swarovski EL 8,5×42, Swarovski SLC 10×42, Nikon Monarch 5 10×42, Canon 15×50 Image Stabilizer.
- If you have got a spotting scope, please, bring it too.
- For taking pictures, a camera with telephoto lens will be needed.
- You need to bring hiking boots or sport shoes with socks.
- Dark clothing such as dark grey or dark green or camouflage t-shirts and trousers will be very useful.
- Personal toiletries and towel
- Rain poncho
Birdlist from Lowland and lower montane forest of Tambrauw regency
- Lesser Birds of Paradise (Paradisaea minor),
- King Bird of Paradise (Cicinnurus regius),
- Magnificent Riflebird (Ptiloris magnificus),
- Western Crowned Pigeon (Goura cristata),
- Pinon Imperial Pigeon (Ducula pinon),
- Pink-spotted Fruit- Dove (Ptilinopus perlatus),
- Beautiful Fruit Dove (Ptilinopus pulchellus)
- Palm Cockatoo (Probosciger atterimus),
- Sulphur-crested Cockatoo (Cacatua galerita)
- Blyth's hornbill (Rhyticeros plicatus),
- Northern Cassowary (Casuarius unappendiculatus)
- Yellow-faced Myna (Mino dumontii)
- Golden Myna (Mino anais)
- Variable Goshawk
- Gray-headed Goshawk
- Brahminy Kite (Haliastur indus)
- Lowland Peltop (Peltops blainvilii)
- Boyer's Cuckooshrike
- Grey Crow (Corvius tristis)
- Torresian Crow (Corvus orru)
- Oriental Dollarbird
- Yellow-billed Kingfisher (Syma toro toro)
- Forest Kingfisher
- Rufous-bellied Kookaburra (Dacelo gaudichaud)
- Rainbow Bee-eater
- and a lot more
How to get to Fulgidus Forest in Tambrauw Mountains
- You need to take an international flight to Jakarta (the capital of Indonesia)
- After that, you could take a domestic flight that will bring you to Sorong city.
- I could meet you at the airport and organize your trip to Fulgidus forest of Tambrauw regency.