Raja Ampat is a very popular destination for diving. Every year thousands of visitors go there to enjoy swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving and even freediving. They can stay in homestays, and beach resorts that provide diving excursions to various dive sites in Waigeo, Gam, Kri, Mansuar, Batanta, or even in Misool islands. Dive Resorts in Raja Ampat often have recreational dive packages which tourists can buy while enjoying their holiday in the archipelago. There are tens of dive resorts which tourists can choose if they want to stay in comfortable accommodations while exploring the wealth of Raja Ampat's marine biodiversity.
|Karst in Kabui bay|
Some dive resorts in the archipelago are listed below:
|Over the water bungalows in Papua Explorers Dive Resort|
- Papua Explorers Resort - This is a nice dive resort located in Gam island. I I and my friends used to visit it years ago. Its overwater big bungalows are built using environmentally friendly materials and are comfortable for guests who bring their families. The dive resort is highly recommended for scuba divers who want to stay for several days up to more than 1 week. Its official website mentions the resort also has got Coralia Liveaboard which is very good for visitors who want to explore wider areas of Raja Ampat islands.
- Meridian Adventure Scuba Dive Resort, and Marina,
|Green trees create fresh and cool atmosphere in Raja Ampat Dive Resort|
- Raja Ampat Dive Resort (RADR) - It is located in the southern region of Waigeo island near the entrance waters to Kabui bay. I used to stay in the resort several time and also took a short dive excursion to Mioskon island. Trees that cover the bungalows provide cool environment. The resort has got a dive center whose gears are well maintained. Non-divers guests who want to enjoy sightseeing like to stay there.
- Papua Paradise Eco Resort,
- Raja Ampat Dive Lodge - located in Mansuar island it offers dive excursions to various dive spots in the region.
|Bungalows in Urai island|
- Raja Ampat Doberai Eco-resort - it is located in Urai island at the entrance to Kabui bay. Because of its secluded location, it gives the impression to guests that they stay in a private island. The picture on the right was taken from a moving boat when I was passing by the resort with tourist. I often pass by the resort by boat when I guide tourists on sightseeing tour to Kabui bay between Gam and Waigeo. I haven't visited the resort, so I cannot give any comments about it.
- Misool Eco Resort,
- and etc.
Information about the rooms, price per night, dive packages and other facilities can be obtained by typing such keywords as raja ampat or raja ampat dive resorts in google.com/travel/hotels. Booking.com can also be accessed to get more info about each of them.
In addition to resorts, there are also homestays which tourists can choose. Stayrajaampat.com is a website that contains information about the facilities, prices and tour packages.
Post a Comment